IT Support Engineer
Work from home with travel to clients
Forth Tech Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic IT Support Engineer. Although the main office is in Dunfermline this position will be based on you working from home and carrying out client visits as needed. Although there is a company van available for use at the office you must have your own car available for client visits.
You will be working as part of a busy friendly team that provides support to a wide range of clients situated throughout Scotland. The role is to provide desktop/server/printer/broadband, Microsoft 365, and VOIP support but there will be opportunities to expand on this.
You should have excellent communication skills and telephone manner. We expect you to have at least a years’ experience in a similar role however on the job training will be given where needed. You need to be hardworking and self-motivated with good problem-solving skills and an ability to think outside the box to solve client issues.
Daily tasks can include onsite or remote installing/configuring/diagnosing of hardware and software faults. There will also be a requirement for everyday administration tasks like adding users/resetting passwords/updating documentation etc.
- Provide high quality technical support to our customer base.
- Identify and resolve technical issues to a high quality.
- Engage with 3rd party/vendors where appropriate to escalate/prioritise issues.
- Keep an eye out for opportunities to improve/upgrade systems.
- Ensure documentation is updated and created as required.
- Raising and closing tickets across the Service Desk / Helpdesk, ensuring a timely and friendly service
- Escalating complex queries to senior members of staff and using teamwork to reach quick resolutions for clients to minimise business downtime.
- Using monitoring software systems to manage alerts in an efficient manner.
- Prioritising workloads to ensure all client queries are dealt with accordingly.
- Provide a permanent fix, not a workaround where possible.
- At least a years’ experience in a similar helpdesk role.
- Experience in a fast-paced support environment.
- Good understanding of networks Lan/Wan/Wlan and Vlans.
- Microsoft 365, SharePoint online, Exchange online, Teams.
- Friendly and keen to learn.
- Experience diagnosing broadband issues.
- Knowledge of SMB firewalls, switches and access points.
Forth Tech Ltd is a forward-thinking IT support and managed service provider. We are constantly reviewing and adopting new technology and services to ensure our clients are well looked after. We try to be a one stop shop for our clients wherever possible. We pride ourselves on our relationships with our customers and the quality of the service we provide.
Please email CV to Jobs@forthtech.co.uk with a covering email to tell us about yourself.